Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Motivation

It's the bleak time of winter where experts say that depression can set in. I'm not really feeling that right now though. I have several things on my plate right now, don't get me wrong but there are a few positives in my day that make me smile. Here's my list and in no particular order:

1. Coffee. I really enjoy coffee. I just took a sip of coffee...and I really enjoyed it.
2. Squirrels. From where I sit in my office I can see 2 squirrels running around a tree chasing each other and for some reason, I think that's cool.
3. Checking stuff off my list. I didn't used to have a list. I would just kind of wing it. Kind of like throwing darts into the wind...I'd hit what I was aiming at. Now I have a weekly list...and yes blogging is part of it. Check.
4. Cooking dinner for my wife. Ladies don't "awwww" me just yet. My wife works until 7 each night since she's in tax season and if I don't cook...well we will be eating a steady diet of pb & j. However, I do enjoy looking up a recipe and making it. I am not a good cook. But I can follow directions. That is satisfying.
5. Coffee...just took another sip
6. Playing games with my wife. My wife has declared that in order to take her mind off of taxes, the hours from 9-10 every night shall be game night for us. I don't wanna brag but I can lay the smack down in the game of Life. It's nice because we will usually turn off the T.V. and play cards or something like that. Other than the time I bent her fingernail playing Egyptian Ratscrew...it's been some great bonding for us.

Last and definitely not least 7. Waking up early and not going back to bed after my wife leaves for work. My wife leaves at 7:15 and for some stupid reason a while back I started going back to bed until 8:25...I have to be at the office at 8:30. Very dumb of me. Plus I was missing out on some great devo time with the Lord during that hour. So last week I started kicking that habit and I had an amazing week. It's not easy but it's worth it....with a little help from #1 & #5.

What's your list?

2 comments:

Jessie C said...

I enjoyed reading this list Travis. Glad you and your wife have that evening time together, very, very important:)

Let me just tell you it's even better when there's a little one. He or she will definitely make you smile during your day, not that there's any pressure for that now, but when the day comes, it's a wonderful blessing. Just thought I'd share that with you:)

Emma said...

I really like Jessie's comments, wink, wink!!!