Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's with Charlie?

So unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past 2 weeks you have most likely heard Charlie Sheen's name every single day since the CBS producers cancelled Two & a Half Men. There have been 1000 interviews and 10,000 blogs written about this guy. Every radio show, every news program, even my beloved yahoo news has been talking about Charlie Sheen. It's about enough to make you want to go find a rock to hide under.

Here's my question: why are we(and the nightly news for that matter) so interested in watching this guy go crazy? It was the same deal back when Mel Gibson's recorded tapes his the media. It really does beg the question why do we as Americans get so wrapped up in stories like this? Is it entertaining to watch these guys throw their already bad reputations further into the mud?  I wonder how many legitimately good news stories were shelved because we had to hear what Charlie just did.

I don't write this to be cynical but it is frustrating to me that the media gets so much pleasure out of watching someone, who is clearly a little off, going further off the deep end. I guess Charlie has been contacting the media but it really does get blown up doesn't it? It just makes me wonder...what should my Christian attitude be toward all of this "news"? Should I ignore it? Should I pray for Charlie Sheen? What do you think?

It also makes me wonder...what if Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan had a kid.........I quiver at the thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're utilizing? I've
loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say
this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a
good internet hosting provider at a fair price?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

my site - bmi charts