Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Time Machine


 I've decided that there's not very many good T.V shows on Monday nights these days. Kate and I usually end up watching Pawn Stars and House Hunters. Last night I was surfing and saw the show called the Universe and they were discussing time travel. My first thought was "why the heck is this on the Universe show". But it was rather interesting. Basically they stated that time travel is possible if you can move at the speed of light...but since that is something we can't do, it's impossible for us to time travel right now. My thought was "ummm, duh...we already knew that". 
But it does make you think about what if we could. What if you were able to do it? Would you go back and try and change something? And if you changed that one event, what would it do to the future? Or would you go back and just want to witness some historical event? It;s kind of interesting to think about. 

I'm not sure what I would do. I think I would be more of a spectator.I think though that it's interesting that humans are so intrigued with this idea. I think it has to do with how we live in general. It certainly seems that humans tend to live in the past or in the future....and we kind of miss the present. Either we dwell on mistakes or successes in the past or we tend to worry/plan for the future events. Maybe that's just human nature...or maybe we are missing what God has for us right now...

I'm trying to keep my blogs shorter so I will just leave it at that.

No comments: