Wednesday, March 4, 2009

National Youth ministry Conference

This past weekend I went to the Columbus Convention Center for the National Youth Ministry Conference. On the way there I started feeling really bad I must say...headache, sore throat, freezing to death. I went with my friend Justin pack who works at Louisville church of Christ. We got there and the night session was really good despite how bad I felt. They had a band at the end and I decided to go out and find a place to lay down. I found a sack chair and curled up in the fetal position and shivered for 45 minutes...it must have been interesting to watch. Some people must have thought I had the spirit in me, the others must have thought a demon. We found the couple that was letting us stay in their home and we headed that way. Once we got there I headed straight to bed and preoceeded to sweat out my 102.9 temperature. The next day I felt a great deal better.

I went to classes the next day pertaining to developing student leaders. It was a really great class where I learned a lot and I got plenty of ideas. I won''t share those ideas here right now. i must say though that this is an awesome conference. 3000 youth workers coming together to share life and conversation. I met a lot of great people and even though I felt like I was dying, i walked away encouraged.

No comments: