Sunday, February 15, 2009

What's with the title of this blog?



I was going to meet a teen yesterday for lunch and as I was driving I had a little prayer time. I prayed that God would allow me to get a little deeper with the kid in conversation. He and I typically talk about surface level things...school, work, college...etc. While I was praying I asked God to help me get past the malarkey of fluffiness with this teen. I stopped and said "God hold on a second, I gotta write that one down"!

In our day to day lives we have plenty of fluffy conversations. They are all well and good and they have their place. Too often though we ignore and pass by chances to go deeper into conversation with our friends, family, and sometimes strangers. I'm not talking about emotionally akward sharing times at church camp where you tell everyone all the sins you've committed in your life and later on sing kum-ba-ya. I'm talking about a conversation that encourages someone; a conversation that explores who we are and who we should be. I desire to have more conversations like this in my life, I need them to be honest.

That's what this blog will be about. Going deeper. I hope you will join me in this conversation.

No comments: